Call for Applications for research paper on “Economic policies in Jordan”,
About Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS)
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung is a German political foundation founded in 1990 as a provider of civic education and a center for progressive social research. RLS supports partners striving for social justice around the world to strengthen public participation and economic development. RLS Regional Office Palestine & Jordan is based in Ramallah – Palestine, and is working with partner organizations in Palestine and in Jordan (http://www.palestine.rosalux.org/home.html).
Call for Applications
To produce a research paper on “Economic policies in Jordan”, RLS invites researchers and related professionals to submit applications for a research paper on the topic.
- To find out what information is already available and to provide an information base on the topic as outlined in the attached TOR
- Suggest and use different research methods, including but not limited to surveys, interviews, or focus groups and discuss it with RLS before starting.
- Write report based on the attached TOR. Agree on an outline beforehand
- Provide RLS with all related raw data along with the study.
- To use visual items, including photographs, info graphs, maps and diagrams
Initial Topics of the study:
- Status quo of privatizations policies in Jordan and its impact of accessibility of public goods
- Major (national and international) laws and policies related to the topic
- Mapping of the role of Governmental, Non Governmental Organizations, and other stakeholders in relation to these policies in Jordan
- The duration of the project is from 20th of March to 30th of July 2018.
- Would be decided based on the financial detailed plan
Required Skills and Qualifications of Applicants
Successful applicants need to have the following skills and qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of political, economic and social developments in Jordan, in particular economic affairs, formal policies, socio- economic plans and regulations, and laws.
- In-depth knowledge of and access to resource persons, interview partners from politics and civil society in Jordan
- In-depth knowledge of existing literature related to the topic, in particular within the last two decades.
- Proven expertise in research and data collection, preferably in related topic
- Proven expertise in designing, implementing and analyzing different research methods (including but not limited to surveys, interviews, or focus groups)
- Experience of using participatory approaches
- Fluency in English and Arabic (in writing and talking)
Required Documents for Applications (English)
- Refer to the attached TOR
Please submit your complete proposal (in English) not later than 10th of March 2018 to the following email: email@example.com
Insert “ Economic policies in Jordan” in the subject field.
See TOR attached below