Call for local facilitator for moderating RTD and documenting the results.
The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung is a German organization affiliated with the German Left Party. It is one of the largest educational institutions in Germany. Regarding its international work, RLS is active in more than 25 countries with development and education projects funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and the Federal Foreign Office.
In the context of a jointly executed project with Aid Watch Palestine (AWP) , who was established after the 2014 Israel attack on Gaza as an independent Palestinian initiative to make international aid more accountable to Palestinians, Rosa Luxemburg is publishing the following:
Purpose of Assignment
AWP intends to hold 3 round table discussions (RTD) for 3 studies in Ramallah during the months July and August and will use the services of a local facilitator for moderating the RTD and documenting the results.
The titles of the studies are as follows:
- Foreign Aid and Palestinian Fragmentation
- Mapping of Donor Funding to the Occupied Palestinian Territories 2012 – 2014/15
- Research on the Complaints Processes of Aid Actors in Gaza
Scope and duration of assignment
The facilitator will
- Have good preparation for the session to achieve familiarity with topic of discussion.
- Prepare an introduction for the session, and set the main questions of discussion.
- Focus on the main point to be discussed to guarantee maximum participation of audiences in the RTD.
- Diversify questions to achieve high participation, and to cover non prompted ideas.
- Avoid personal judgment or any type of bias.
- Pay attention to participants’ comments.
- Mange time effectively to give enough time for all participants to intervene and give comments.
- Provide prompt translation to audience from English –Arabic and vice versa (if needed)
- Prepare a report on the session including the main feedback and recommendations provided by the participants (Amending the Study’s text and content if needed)
- Prepare self-evaluation of the session and provide a detailed report of the feedback.
The RTD will be conducted in Arabic. Documentation of proceedings and reporting will be in English.
For preparation, facilitation and documentation a total of 3 hours will be paid divided as follows:
2 hours per RTD.
1 hour for report preparation per each RTD.
Qualification of applicants
Successful applicants will
- Have longstanding experience (several years) of facilitating workshops involving NGOs in Palestine and international NGOs
- Have a Master degree in Law, IHL, Politics, Journalism or other related fields
- Have substantial experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic planning activities of international NGOs
- Have a professional command of English and Arabic
- Provide AWP and RLS with samples of their work and experience as well as references.